Since the fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55–64 year age bracket it would be wise to start using it regularly in your marketing. This demographic has grown by 79% since 2012. So here’s Twitter in a nutshell.
Twitter Quick Facts –
- One in five smartphone owners (20%) are Twitter users, with 13% using the service on a typical day.
- Although messages are limited to 140 characters, the connections of following/followers is vast, virtually unlimited. (Provided you can attract and retain a large following.)
- The brief and fast nature of Tweets plays well with younger demographic groups and seems well suited for quick, real-time and engaging conversations.
- Over 20 million adults in the US access Twitter at least once a month.
- Twitter’s Vine feature easily integrates brief (6 second) video snippets in the sharing exchange.
- Twitter is well suited for Smartphones and mobile devices; now mainstream with social media users. About 75% of active users are on mobile.
- Statistically, a typical user is female, Hispanic, 20-something and urban.
- Twitter tends to have its strongest appeal among the 18-29 year old age group.
- The inclusion of hashtags [#] provides a topical indexing and retrieval system.
- Some 15% of online adults use Twitter and 8% do so on a typical day.
Twitter’s Mission Statement
“Twitter represents a service shaped by the people, for the people. The mission we serve as Twitter, Inc. is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. Our business and revenue will always follow that mission in ways that improve–and do not detract from–a free and global conversation.”
So, between the Twitter Quick Facts and the mission statement you should have a good idea about how to use Twitter right? That’s what I though. Just a blank stare. Just like any other platform for marketing there is not a single silver bullet way to reach everyone. Just take Twitter for what it is and make it work for those on it. If you would like some direction on where to start we can help. Just get in touch with us to set up your free consultation. Click Here to get started!